Funding Matters Weblog News
Funding Matters - Home is about »
Funding Source: Prime Ministers Initiative (PMI2)
Encouraging UK students to take up overseas study opportunities is a key component of the UK’s internationalisation agenda. PMI2 are pleased to invite proposals from UK Higher Education Institutions and related organisations interested in developing and piloting the delivery of international study opportunities for UK undergraduate and postgraduate students. You are invited to bid for PMI2 support funding for one year in the first instance. Continuation funding will be awarded to those projects that are able to demonstrate success, including a potentially sustainable model. Projects will be evaluated and then continuation funding may be offered on a reducing amount over a period of 3 years.
In this call for bids, PMI2 would particularly favour proposals for Malaysia, China, Thailand, Singapore, South Korea and Japan. Proposals from other PMI2 eligible countries (Taiwan, Indonesia, Vietnam and Sri Lanka) will be considered as second tier. PMI2 welcome innovative ideas for the programmes which could include elements of:
• Introduction to national culture, languages, social and political economy;
• Introduction to the national education system;
• Attendance on part of regular programme in an HE institution;
• Project related work whilst in the country – varying according to the UK student background.
• Commercial/business visits or attachments.
• Design and organise focused programmes for groups of UK students in appropriate sized groups: a minimum of 5, although larger groups are encouraged;
• Visits must be a minimum of 1 month’s duration;
Sum: Finances available will be up to a max. of £800 per student on each visit; these funds can be used to contribute to travel, accommodation and living costs. A student contribution is desired.
Deadline: 10 October 2008
Funder Link: PMI2
Scheme Link: International Mobility of UK Students
If you are interested in applying please contact the Research Office for an External Funding Application Submission (EFAS) form or call ext. 3713.
EuRO recommends that anyone who is interested in accessing EU funding makes contact with the European Office in plenty of time prior to the submission deadline to fully benefit from our professional advice and support.